Apprentice HVAC Technician
This is an entry level opportunity for that individual looking to jump start their career.
This technician performs field activities associated with supporting the installation, maintenance, and servicing of heating and air conditioning systems for residential and commercial customers.
• Assists with onsite preventative maintenance, routine repair, and calibration after installation.
• Uses technical abilities to maintain systems.
• Works in a safe manner and consistently ensures that all safety measures are taken
• Has the flexibility to work overtime, on-call, and weekends as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• HVAC Trade school graduate strongly preferred achieving 3.5 GPA and excellent attendance
• 1+ years in mechanical support role, some hands-on HVAC experience preferred
• EPA Certification- Type I & Type II or Universal Preferred
• Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
• Ability to climb ladders
• Moderate lifting (up to 90 pounds)
• Complete pre-employment drug test and background check process
• Technical aptitude to perform maintenance, service, and troubleshoot equipment
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Good Electrical and Mechanical Diagnostic Skills
• Ability to complete repairs and required paperwork
• Ability to work independently and self-schedule
• Self-motivated to complete assigned tasks within time constraints
• Driven to succeed and able to work with minimum supervision
• Periodically ‘on call’ for service coverage